Friday, December 4, 2009

Silver Christmas Entertaining Pieces



Christmas is a perfect time to incorporate a Victorian flair. This book "Victorian Entertaining" by John Crosby Freeman showcases silver pieces on its cover.





This silver tea set sits on an antique store display. The tea set was purchased in an antique store in Indiana and the store display was purchased in an antique store in Arkansas. They are now being showcased in California so it goes to show you that a touch of Victorian can be displayed anywhere.





The coffee pot would be great to actually use for entertaining but my husband would need to repair the wiring. It still has beautiful features with its spout and ornate designs on the feet.





My friend, Sandra, and I had to each purchase one of these creamers when we saw them at the Clovis Street Faire in California. It can be used for its intended use or as Silver Christmas decor. I love the look of the shabby pedestal next to the silver.

3 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl. Love all your silver displays. You have many beautiful pieces.
    Looking forward to coming to see it all.
    I finally got my one little silver display done except for some greenery and it was a real stretch to find enough silver around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail:
    Seeing your displays makes me want to decorate more for the holidays, but since we won't be at home this year we are keeping it simple. I'll just get in the spirit through your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the silver pieces, Gail. The antique store display is so pretty. The creamer is beautiful. Love, love the shabby pedestal. I wish the Christmas season would last longer, after all the work that goes into it! Tell Dave to fix the wiring on the coffeepot, then he can have his coffee in style!

    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.