Saturday, December 19, 2009

Off the Christmas Home Tour for Courtny's Candle

I just had to take a break from the tour and tell you a funny story. 

My son, the great husband that he is, wanted to do something special for his wife's birthday last Thursday and this is the email he sent me.

I wanted to light a candle for Courtny.  It would be on when she came home with a cup of tea next to it.  Something nice after work.

But this candle was weird and I was having trouble lighting it.  I had never seen a wick like this one but I was determined to get it started.  After I used up both pistol lighters, I moved on to matches.  Courtny arrived after the tenth match had failed.  "Argh...this candle won't light!", I exclaimed blowing out another match.  "oh, that's one of the candles your mom got me for Christmas last year", she answered, "they are battery powered". 

Off to the store to get real candles.


I told him all he had to do was flip the switch.  Ha

While I was  talking on the phone to my son, he took a picture out his window in Philadelphia because it was snowing and 24 degrees.  He knew I wouldn't be seeing snow at our house in California because  it is sunny and 61 degrees right now so I love the new technology that lets me keep warm and still enjoy the snow.


1 comment:

  1. That is too funny, considering Nate is the technilogical expert I used to go to for computer help.
    I, too loved seeing th snow and the view from his window looks like it came right off a postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.