Saturday, December 12, 2009

Are Green and Black Christmas Colors?



My living room Christmas tree actually began last year.  When I saw the different shades of green in this poinsettia, I knew I wanted to use different shades of greens for my tree. Since I use black and green as my neutral colors in this room, it was the perfect choice.  When I told my Mom I was decorating for Christmas with black and green, she said, "black isn't a Christmas color" but when she saw it, she liked it.

 

I used three different shades of green ribbon with different textures.  Along with the black bulbs, I use three shades of green bulbs from light to dark hunter green.  This year I did incorporate some silver since the tree can be seen from my dining area and kitchen and as you can see from earlier posts, I used silver for my decor in those rooms.




I hope you can see the tree skirt.  It does pull all the colors together.  The scalloped edging and dots are black velvet on top of a green satin background with the silver trim so it ties all the colors together.  I couldn't get a good picture of the full tree, I will have to work on my photography.

It does take time to transform the decor to Christmas but I love it when it is completed.

2 comments:

  1. This tree is so elegant and the tree skirt is just perfect. It's funny you should have a black tree because I found a beautiful black and white ribbon this season and it made me think about doing a black accented tree. Your photographs make me want one all the more. Maybe next year. If I keep "hanging out" with you and Beverly I fear I'll be doing multiple trees again next year. Thanks again Gail for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job of capturing the beauty of your tree, Gail. Even though it is more breathtaking in person. Your Nativity post was beautiful too. More than ever, this year, the phrase "The reason for the season" has been going through my head and in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.