Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - A Garden of Roses

I feel very fortunate to have had a Grandma that I was close to.  I was named after my Mom's Mom so I felt an extra special closeness to her.
When she passed away in 1990 she was 90 years old. 
My Mom gave me some money in Grandma's memory.
I wanted to buy something that I would always remember her so I chose to buy a set of dishes. 


I chose this particular pattern  because of the roses and the beautiful pink and gold designed border.  The golden-yellow colored extra large plate is by "Chris Madden  for J C Penney". I used it as a charger. The setting was layered with a "Victorian Lace"  pink dinner plate.




I chose to use a vintage blush pink tablecloth to give a little more formal look. 
I hope you can see the beautiful detailed design.




The rose printed salad plate was placed on top to draw the colors together and  make a statement.




The gold plated flatware gives the place setting a touch of elegance.



The pink stemware was purchased at the same time as the floral dishes.
A shopping trip to TJ Maxx uncovered the swirled designed yellow stemware. 
A vintage lace runner peeking through for a Victorian touch.

 

A pink rose theme was starting to appear so the faux flowers had to be placed in the hand-painted pink floral teapot.  The painted roses are so vivid and fresh-looking that they almost seem fragrant.
The pink sheer gloves add a soft feminine touch.



The matching sugar and creamer were included because the table was set for a tea party. 
The framed rose-covered saying states
"A cup of tea warms the heart". 
This silver tea set was hand painted by K Ryan in 2004.  A large tray is included in this set.




A vintage rose-covered cheese dome adds to the garden of roses..



This beautiful rose bowl was used for a candle holder.



This rose printed candle is one of my favorite candles. 
I still can't bear to light it yet. 
See the pink bead hanging on the wick.



The pink Rachael Ashwell cloth napkin was accented by a gold beaded napkin ring.




The Rose is the flower for the month of June.

You can enjoy a garden of roses any time of the year 
when using a variety of rose-painted dishes and accessories.

For more tablescape ideas, join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
or click on Tablescape Thursday button on my sidebar.

Lillian Gail