Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - A Garden of Roses

I feel very fortunate to have had a Grandma that I was close to.  I was named after my Mom's Mom so I felt an extra special closeness to her.
When she passed away in 1990 she was 90 years old. 
My Mom gave me some money in Grandma's memory.
I wanted to buy something that I would always remember her so I chose to buy a set of dishes. 


I chose this particular pattern  because of the roses and the beautiful pink and gold designed border.  The golden-yellow colored extra large plate is by "Chris Madden  for J C Penney". I used it as a charger. The setting was layered with a "Victorian Lace"  pink dinner plate.




I chose to use a vintage blush pink tablecloth to give a little more formal look. 
I hope you can see the beautiful detailed design.




The rose printed salad plate was placed on top to draw the colors together and  make a statement.




The gold plated flatware gives the place setting a touch of elegance.



The pink stemware was purchased at the same time as the floral dishes.
A shopping trip to TJ Maxx uncovered the swirled designed yellow stemware. 
A vintage lace runner peeking through for a Victorian touch.

 

A pink rose theme was starting to appear so the faux flowers had to be placed in the hand-painted pink floral teapot.  The painted roses are so vivid and fresh-looking that they almost seem fragrant.
The pink sheer gloves add a soft feminine touch.



The matching sugar and creamer were included because the table was set for a tea party. 
The framed rose-covered saying states
"A cup of tea warms the heart". 
This silver tea set was hand painted by K Ryan in 2004.  A large tray is included in this set.




A vintage rose-covered cheese dome adds to the garden of roses..



This beautiful rose bowl was used for a candle holder.



This rose printed candle is one of my favorite candles. 
I still can't bear to light it yet. 
See the pink bead hanging on the wick.



The pink Rachael Ashwell cloth napkin was accented by a gold beaded napkin ring.




The Rose is the flower for the month of June.

You can enjoy a garden of roses any time of the year 
when using a variety of rose-painted dishes and accessories.

For more tablescape ideas, join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
or click on Tablescape Thursday button on my sidebar.

Lillian Gail

22 comments:

  1. Your table is beautiful. The rose candle, sheer gloves, and the vintage lace are one of your "signature touches." The setting reminds me of days gone by where life wasn't so busy. I remember your grandma so well. She was the sweetest lady. Such wonderful memories. Just think -- we are making the same memories with our kids!

    Happy decorating,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful tablescape!
    Lovely and so well put together.

    Roses are the prettiest flower around hands down.

    Glad you shared,
    d from HomeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    What a beautiful pink foo foo setting. Just my cup of tea. What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother. I enjoyed this setting this afternoon on my break and feel like I was apart of your tea party.

    Always,
    Leslie C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful rose dishes, how fortunate you are to have them, both for their own sake and as a remember of your grandma. I love how you thought to pair them with the yellow chargers, and the yellow and pink goblets really tie it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lillian Gail... What wonderful dishes you have! Love all those gorgeous roses, That cheese dome is fantastic!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job mixing colors. Love the cheese dome! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pink and yellow table! I love how you've layered the dishes to highlight the lovely rose pattern, and the yellow and pink glassware is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lillian Gail, you made a very charming table. I love how the stemware matches with the plates. The plates are really lovely. I am sure, your grandmother would be proud of you and enjoyed the table also.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lillian Gail, your table is so elegant. The pink plates go so nicely with the yellow. I love that beautiful cheese dome, just gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing your table this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely dishes to have in memory of your grandmother. The yellow and the pink look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tablescape is just so you, Gail. I love that you signed it with your full name too. I forget sometimes that is you name.
    I have to go back and enjoy it again. Those dishes are so pretty and love the way you layered them with the yellow and pink ones. Your teapot and creamer and suger is the perfect touch too.
    In memory of your grandma...beautiful tablescape, Lillian Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother. You put everything together so beautifully. A real tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such beautiful setting.. love the silverplates and also the butter dome! awesomely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember spending time with my great grandma as my boys are doing now with theirs.......I was able to think about many of the times that I can remember while reading this entry. The table looks great.....I always love the layering of the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gail ~
    I'll be right over! What a beautiful table! I love each and every piece! But especially the cheese dome. I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen one like that! Love it!
    Well, welcome to the sorority! I think we're going to have fun!
    I will see you on the 25th! Can't wait to see what everyone does . . .
    HAGD! Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  16. Breathtakingly beautiful and so dainty!
    Love the pink and yellow combination.
    I would love to share this with our tea ladies.
    You are warmly invited to Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday, any time for tea and a chat.
    I look forward to your next tabletop.
    Have a rosy week. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello!!

    I love the name of your blog!! That is also what I am, "Victorian at Heart!!
    What a lovely tablescape!! The colors of yellow and pink are just lovely!!
    I aodre your painted tea set and the pink glove!! I am very partial to gloves!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is seriously adorable! fit for a princess...I would love for my table to look so fab :-)

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    PS thanks for leaving you sweet comments over on BinB...always a pleasure to hear from you and stop by and take in all the beauty here :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. You set a gorgeous table!!! and I love that cheese dome. Would love to sit at this beautiful table.

    ~jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet, I love your blog. It's so vintagey and classy I almost feel like I'm a princess. ;) Love, Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gail...your tablescape is positively delightful! I love the pink/yellow mix and all the elements are so feminine and lovely :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.