Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Cherry Pickin' Time

It seems like on this blog lately, I'm either shopping or eating.....actually that sounds pretty good to me.  I have such kind and thoughtful friends that made my birthday so special.  When someone gives up their time to make you feel special, it means a whole lot.

My sweet friend, Linda, hosted a birthday luncheon for me at her house.


She made a special place setting just for me.
Those black-cutout place mats are darling.
She got them at Home Goods.



They made my favorite kind of food...Mexican
Enchilada pie, Mexican rice, salsa cream cheese dip, guacamole, chips, and salad with ranch dressing.  I guess I was so eager to eat the dessert, I just dove right in and ate it without taking a picture.
It was a berry truffle...yum.
I hope to post some of the recipes by Friday.


The tablescape was filled to the rim with cherry goodies.
She used cherry checked fabric, pinked and  knotted at the ends.
It was fun to sit at the table and look at many of her cherry pieces.
The cherry luncheon plates sat on a red dinner plate.
Our talented seamstress and friend, Beverly at My Sew Sweet Studio made the
very cute black fabric with a red dot napkins.


See the pristine vintage cherry printed milk glass Salt and Pepper shakers.



A vintage box of chocolate covered cherries




Red and white M&M's in that cute cherry dish.
See the faux hot fudge sundae with the cherry on top.  How cute is that?

Linda has been collecting cherries for quite some time and has built her kitchen around the cherry theme.
She is known as "Patriotic Grandma" and decorates patriotic also.
These themes work well together.


  I want to take you on a tour of her "Cherry Pickins".



Darling cherry stemware.  Purchased at a local gift store.
She would love to purchase more if she can find them.







Cherry Tea Set


Those cupcakes were edible.  We laugh and say  "In our houses, no one ever knows what is edible or not".


Sorry not edible...lol  But it sure looks good.







This is a cute cherry rug.



Cherry Tea Set



Down to the detail...cherry paper towels.









Sandi, Beverly, Me, Ruth, Linda

Thank you for all the yummy food, great fellowship, and lasting friendship we have shared over the years.
Sorry Cindi and Sally couldn't be there.  I missed you.



Also, thank you for including my beautiful daughter, Monica.


Have a Cherry of a Day!


I'm participating in the following blog parties just click on their name or their blog button on my sidebar:

22 comments:

  1. Hi :) What a wonderful party your friend had for you, and she sure does have quite the cherry collection in her home. My home is like that, except with lots and lots of roses, lol:) I'm obsessed with roses!

    Happy Teacup Tuesday, warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,
    I'm so glad you stopped by for my tea party. Thank you for your lovely comments and I have you all linked up. Your Cherry theme is fabulous! Love the little cherry tea set; adorable! Love that birdhouse too. I am a birdhouse collector as well as all things tea. I noticed that you have me linked as Sandi at My Yellow Door. It will take you to my party but please change the name to Rose Chintz Cottage which is the name of my blog. Thank you and I hope you have a lovely week. It's very nice to 'meet' you.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely birthday tablescape and the food looked so delicious. I enjoyed seeing all the cherry decor at your friends home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a tablescape! I can't believe (well, on second thought, I can!) all the pretty cherry "goodies" Linda has displayed. What a wonderful collection, and she knows just how to display everything. How very special your birthday was, and I was so sorry I was out of town and couldn't be there to celebrate with you. Those cupcakes looked like they came from Sweet Surrender(?). My favorite!! So glad you felt special on your special day, my special friend.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped in from Teacup Tuesday ... a little late but so glad I didn't miss you altogether. What a lovely post. All those cherries look wonderful! Your friend must be very special to have made such a lovely table setting for you. I'm sure it made you feel very treasured. And my mouth is just watering at the sound of all that wonderful Mexican food! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! What a great freind to create such a birthday table for you, and delicious food!
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a pleasure to have your birthday luncheon. It is always so fun when we can all get together, but getting all seven of us a one time is a challenge. We missed you Sally and Cindi. Looking at all those cherries, makes me think it may be a little overdone, but I do like them. Thank you for putting your birthday lunch on your blog. May our Lord bless you my sweet friend with many more wonderful birthdays. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! what a wonderful party that was given by your friend for you!!
    Happy Birthday!!
    I adore all of the Cherries and black and red in your friend's home!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't cherries THE happiest fruit? Seriously. Who doesn't love them? Linda your collection and displays are amazing. Makes me wish Beverly and I had named the store "Cherry Orchard" instead of "Strawberry Patches" - so many more fun options. Thank you Gail for getting a year older so you could share the party with all of us. Happy Birthday dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail,

    What a true blessing to have such wonderful friends to help you celebrate your birthday. Kudo's to Linda for making you "Special" on your birthday. Just love all thoses cherries. I saw both Linda and Ruth at the Ventura Flea Market this past Sunday and we had a nice little chat. Thanks for sharing your special day.

    Ta Ta For Now!!
    Always,
    Leslie C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Gail. Your camera saw things I didn't see. How did I miss so much. Enjoying the food too much probably. So glad you had a birthday to celebrate. Linda's Cherry collection is something to see as is her patriotic displays. Cindi and Sally, you were missed. See you all Monday for yet another birthday...Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is lovely in both looks and spirit~!
    happy belated Birthday~!!

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great party! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What a special friend to throw you a cheery cherry luncheon. The black/cherry plates are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the amazing cherry tour! What a wonderful collection your friend has! And what a wonderful party in your honor! By the way, shopping and eating are MY favorite pastimes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cheery cherry setting! It must have been a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday! Linda's cherry-themed collection is wonderful! The meal sounds delicious. It must have been a fun time for you all. Glad she allowed you to share her home with us for Tablescape Thursday!

    Hope you have an enjoyable weekend. ;)
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your friends sure love you! Sounds fantastic! All that yummy food is making me starving. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! What a super cute cherry themed lunch!! Your friend has a lot of really cute cherry themed items. I really LOVE the cherry S&P shakers and the fabulous linens!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful party! Just love all the food! Happy Birthday! I love all the cherries! So fun getting to see all the wonderful treasures! I love every small touch your friend did to make your party special!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful friends you have to treat you to such a special birthday celebration! Your friend's cherry collection is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.