Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vintage Black Friday - Wooden Box and Camera

The first things I see when waking up in the morning and the last things I see when going to sleep sit on top of my display cabinet in my master bedroom.  


When I found this vintage black wooden box, I instantly fell in love with the distressed paint with highlights of gold that brought out the detail on the box.  I later realized in its formal life, it probably was a piano stool. The stool legs had either broken or were simply taken off to be used in another way.


Along side this box is a vintage black camera.  This is a favorite in my collection of cameras. 


This wooden box adds dimension to this vignette and is a great resting place for the birds while they are feathering their nest.

 I am joining the blog party at French Cupboard or you can see other posts for Vintage Black Friday by clicking on their button on my sidebar.

Have a Great Friday!




 

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely vignette. You have an artful eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, I Love that Old Black Box.... What a Lovely Vignette you have created~
    Have a Wonderful Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing find. Your vignette is lovely. I too adore Victorian anything. Im glad to have found your blog. Im off to check out older posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this vignette! I am hoping to find an old camera when I go to Brimfield on Wednesday...in the rain! That's my luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.