Monday, May 10, 2010

On the Road Again - Olivenhain Grove Sale

The blogging world has opened up so many fun places to go and delightful people to meet.  It was a last minute decision to drive to Encinitas California to an antique sale that I saw while blogging.

I don't know how I found Gail's blog but while she was welcoming us to the Olivenhain Grove Sale on her property, we were patiently waiting to check out the treasures.  You can see us by clicking here. While you visit her blog click on the picture of the ladies waiting to enter and I am right in the middle with my sunglasses on.  I am in jeans and black top with a little lemon yellow top peeking out my layered-look tops because we were shopping in the lemon grove and I had to match  lol


The white tents were mingled in with the lemon trees which made a beautiful day even more delightful.  Even though I am allergic to all citrus, that didn't stop me from enjoying my day.



I wanted to introduce some of the creative vendors that I met while treasure hunting at the
Olivenhain Grove Sale.

Following are some of the treasures I uncovered to share with you:


The textures and matching luggage stand was a different take on decorating with stacked vintage suitcases.


The items pictured above are from Lynn Russell's collection.  She was the first vendor I got acquainted with as I started my journey through the grove.  I  soon realized how knowledgeable she was of  her items.  Her name seemed to sound familiar and when I was reading one of my favorite blogs "French-Kissed" by Jermaine Chastain, I saw an article that described her better than I can so if you would like to read more about her, click on French Kissed.

My first purchase at the Grove Sale was this basket cart.  I saw this vendor on a blog giveaway.  I didn't win the giveaway but I did acquire a new love for her baskets and totes. You can learn more about her by clicking on her blog French Basketeer


I purchased one of these charming flowers.  I hope you can see that they are made with different textures of paper.  They are created with printed word papers, music, dollies, and tissue paper.  It was suggested it could be used on as a gift wrap but I think I will keep it for awhile to enjoy.

Even their tents were creatively done.  The scalloped edge on this tent shaded some beautiful buttons, notions, and treasures that were fun to rummage through.


It was great to find this yummy booth among the trees when I needed a treat and drink of water.  Even the bottled water in the pan was nicely displayed.  The goodies were more enticing displayed in layers of different heights.  An idea to remember when entertaining. You never know where you will find a creative idea for your next get-together.



You never know what you will find at these sales.  Wouldn't it be fun to take a ride in this car along Pacific Coast Highway with your hair blowing in the ocean breeze and some Beach Boy music playing? 
Okay that dates me

I heard that they probably will not be able to have this sale on their property again but will find a new location for the next show.  My husband and I were a little early to the Grove Sale so we drove around the area.  I hope to share some of the area with you in the near future.

P.S.  I am trying to learn some new picture posting techniques.  My computer-wizard son was here this weekend for Mother's day and took me to a new level of picture posting so bear with me until I try to learn some new procedures.


Have a Great Day!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,

    You lucky girl!!! Lynn told me about the show and I wanted to go so badly, but had a prior commitment. It looks just wonderful and from what I have heard of Gail, is it any wonder that she would put on such a fabulous show. Lynn Russell is a favorite of mine and it looks like there were many other fine vendors. It's clear you had a great time...hope to see you at the next one. Thanks so much for the link to French Kissed. Have a happy week!

    ~jermaine~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sale. You'll have to let us know when they have the next one. It looks fabulous. Your pictures are getting better and better. Loved the old Mercedes and the luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect setting for an antique sale. I bet you had a great time. It's so fun to go to a sale where you have never been. I love your basket cart. So cute to hold many goodies. And I really loved the silverware. I had also seen her items on French-Kissed and thought they were stunning. It's difficult sometimes to find really beautiful silver pieces, but she has a beautiful collection. Let us know when she has another sale. Maybe David can chauffeur us all!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail,
    I would have loved to go to the Olivehain sale! I heard that she wasn't holding it on her property again too, but I am glad they might have it somewhere else. Your photos are just beautiful and I love the basket you picked up.
    Have a great day.
    sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.