Thursday, May 6, 2010

On the Road Again - Weekend Shopping Adventure - Part 4

The Girlfriend Gadabouts are still headed South on California Highway 101.  We stopped in a small beach town called Carpenteria.  I happen to be helping my church decorate for their Vacation Bible School this summer and the theme is High Seas Expedition.  Of course I need some nautical props and what better place to get some authentic props than at the beach.  Most are antiques but some are new.


I took a picture of all my nautical treasures when I returned home.


As we headed for Ventura, we started to feel hungry.  Thank goodness for iphones because we were able to locate a Red Robin Restaurant which sounded good to all of us.  Even the restaurant had a nautical theme.  After we ate, we were ready to head for the hotel to rest up for another day of shopping.



Bright and early the next day, we began our adventure at the Ventura Swap Meet. 
The setting is right on the beach and the weather was perfect.  I have no idea why I took this picture on this side of the fence but I wanted you to see the palm trees and the clear blue sky.  Perfect day for finding treasures.  I did purchase some of the nautical items here. I was also in a mood for buying old silverware which you will see in many posts to come.

We continued our adventure on down California Highway 101 to Agoura Hills Antique Mart where I met owner, Marie Bartolet.  She is having a blog giveaway click here.  I love to visit this shop whenever I travel to this area.  Here are a few pictures I took while shopping.


 This oil painting of the lady carrying fruit came home with me.
 
Unique displays like this toilet.

This faux coconut cake looks good enough to eat.

My friend, Beverly, and I bought these feed sacks.  She made me a table runner which you can see on her blog by clicking here.  I am so blessed to have talented friends.


I'm still looking at chandeliers and this was different because the crystals were an antiqued color.

Another unique display with the purse handing on the hinge of the shutters.




I guess I will have to make one more post to finish this "Weekend Shopping Adventure".

1 comment:

  1. Boy, we sure did hit a lot of places, didn't we! It didn't seem like it at the time. I guess when you're in your element you can't seem to get too much of a good thing! The Agoura Antique Mart is just too fabulous. I never get tired going there. You really have a nice collection of nautical items. (My eyes notice life preservers now -- I've already seen some here!). Thanks for the tour again --it was fun.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.