Thursday, May 6, 2010

On the Road Again - Weekend Shopping Adventure - Part 5

The  "Girlfriend Gadabouts" loaded up our van and started our journey north to home. 





We love to shop at The Decor Store.  Its name says it all.  We stopped at two of their three stores in Southern California on our way home.  They have one store in Northern California and one in Arizona.
If you would like to see more of what they offer click here.


 We never miss a chance to check out the bargains at HomeGoods.  I think our record HomeGoods stops were five stores on a shopping adventure but this time only two.


I still found some more nautical items and ideas.


You know we are die-hard shoppers when you have to change to your slippers like Sandi and your friends aren't embarrassed to be seen with you.
We stick together and encourage each other to keep shopping until we drop no matter what.


All good things must come to an end so after eating dinner at a restaurant that Linda suggested " Kona Crisp" in Valencia, we headed back to Bakersfield.





Friendship Poem - poetry fan art
Thank you my Real True Friends: Beverly, Linda, Ruth, Sally, and Sandi
for a memorable Weekend Shopping Adventure.

We are Blessed!







5 comments:

  1. I am jealous. That sounds like a fantastic weekend with a whole bunch of fantastic girls. Hope you snagged some great loot at Homegoods. My Favorite Store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have such a great trip. I enjoyed seeing our weekend again through your posts. As I was looking, I was thinking -- do other girlfriends do what we do!!? (FIVE Home Goods on one trip! Are we normal?!!!) Even if
    we aren't, we sure do have a great time.
    I absolutely loved Sandi's slippers. Most of all, I loved being with my very wonderful friends. And thank you for being a special friend for all these many years. What memories we have made!
    Love,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the bestest of times. Those blisters didn't heal for a week, but it was all worth it. We are truely blessed to have the gift of our friendship. Your posts are a wonderful way of sharing and preserving the great memories. Love you all. We missed you Cindi.
    Looking forward to the next trip.........Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great storytelling and pictures of our trip, Gail. It was a few weeks ago, but reading and seeing it hear brought all the fun back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have shopping friends to go bargain hunting with, Gail! Then I read that your DH also goes...Lucky-Dog!! I can't get mine to go near a store with me. LOL
    I love all the treasures you've packed into the van especially those urns. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.