Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vintage Black Friday - Black Painted Box Roses

I've always loved vintage boxes.  
They work well in a vignette to give height for displaying at different eye levels.  


Several years ago, this vintage box caught my eye because number one it was black but then the added painted pink and yellow roses were an added bonus. 




The vintage black box is used in the vignette with my hand painted tea set.



Because some of the paint is worn, it just gives it charm.


This box has a copper lining.  I was told that it was used to keep cigars in. 
It seems to feminine for cigars, what do you think?

I'm linking with Vintage Black Friday at French Cupboard 
if you would like to see other Vintage Black Friday posts.

Enjoy your weekend...

6 comments:

  1. superb little box i so adore Victorian things
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful box...must have been way back in the day when "certain" ladies would retire to the parlor for a good cigar. You think? I do think I've read that or saw it on a TV special.

    It's lovely no matter what the use was...what a fine treasure.

    I'm visiting for Vintage Black Friday...drop by! I'd love to have you visit.

    Happy Day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail... What a gorgeous box! Maybe it ws used for cigars... but the lady of the house got tired of looking at a black box and dressed it up :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing...a copper-lined cigar box. Wow. I bet the feminine touch was added later when a woman used it for her own purposes. What a fancy box for holding cigars even w/o the flowers. My husband would love a humidor like that (even though he doesn't smoke cigars anymore).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and unique piece! So gals you are displaying it in your home. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your box is just beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.