Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rockabilly Gal All Dressed Up

After thinking about this summer, I realized I was on a dress form kick.  What could I do with another one?  Do I have room for another one?  Well I added a few to my collection but, I decided to redress one of the ones I already had.  That is the fun thing about these treasures, they are so versatile. 


This gal has been holding a wreath and changed for the seasons for many years.

She actually has a bronze finish on her and is attractive on her own.

The colors in this vintage crinoline just worked with the bronze finished dress form so I decided to dress her.

I made a top out of a vintage lace square tablecloth.  
Then added a golden yellow velvet rose with pieces of vintage fabric to hold her slip up to see the multi colors of netting that are original to the crinoline.
The brown crocheted gloves are attached with a glove pin.
A Victorian lace collar was added with two blue rhinestone closures for straps.
The suede belt and suede hat with a feather just finishes off the outfit.
I guess her Victorian boots will have to stay for a while since there is a bird nesting there.

She is now 
"All Dressed up with No Place to Go".....
(that could be a country western song)

I am linking to Metamorphosis Monday and
joining  Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
If you would like to see other projects,click on the MM button on the sidebar
 or click here.

Have a Fun Week!

5 comments:

  1. that looks so cool! very vintage glam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is soooo cute! She so needs to go dancing in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that country girl! You must do a post on all of your dress forms. Each one is so unique and your blogging friends would love to see them. You do an outstanding job "styling" them. Romantic Country should then publish them in the blogging section of their magazine. Maybe someone who then reads your post and knows Fifi could let her know. Happy Dressing!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved her dressed, but she is beautiful "Au naturale" too.
    Your new blog look and banner is great. You have been a busy girl.
    I need to come over and see all your "girls". Linda said you have new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should wear an outfit like that. you would look soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.