Monday, February 15, 2010

A Visit to Snowy Philadelphia

I took a time out from blogging for a visit with my son and daughter-in-law who live in Philadelphia.  We were fortunate to not get stranded at the airport yet we got to enjoy the snow covered area. 

The next day when the sun came out and the guys had shoveled the snow, I ventured out to the front sidewalk for this picture of our son and daughter-in-law's place.


Since the roads had been cleared we ventured out to shop at King of Prussia mall.


I loved the flowers on the backdrop of this store window.


Even though I don't have many occasions to dress formally anymore, it is always fun to check out what Jessica McClintock is creating.


The mall had an exhibit of Norman Rockwell figures.


I took this picture for my Mom because she loves to read and always has her nose stuck in a book.


Since the leaves have fallen, this is a good time to check out some of the houses and fences.

 
Photos with iphone in a moving car aren't the best pictures but it gives you an idea of the snow in the area.  I especially love the windows in some of these older homes.


The picket fence caught my eye.


Unless you had a blanket and heater there probably wouldn't be any rocking on that porch this day.


This picture was taken on our way to the airport to leave Philadelphia.  The old bridges are fascinating.
We had a good time and left just before the record snowfall began.


3 comments:

  1. I am just 10 minutes from the King of Prussia Mall!!! How about that ~ so it looks like you were on the Main Line? Beautiful area isn't it?? Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old houses. Such a different look from what you find here. Wow! That's a lot of snow. Fun to look at, but makes me appreciate foggy Bakersfield. Glad you had a good visit with your family and happy to have you home.
    Oh and loved the Norman Rockwell figurenes in the mall. Looked like quite a fancy mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a small world that you came to "Philly"! I don't know if you know I live in the suburbs on the other side of the river in NJ! Too funny:) So I guess you got to experience all our snow from the first big storm that month, oh yes we had another. I have to admit those old stone homes look so pretty in the snow.
    Isn't the King of Prussia mall just the best? I love shopping there. I can't do it too often though or a girl could get in trouble!!
    Do you come to visit often? I had seen a previous post about Cape May, so I guess you visit in the summer too. I go to the Jersey shore too, not far from Cape May. It is so pretty there. Are you near the beaches in California. That is a place I want to go visit...it's on my list.
    Thanks for your great snowy pictures. I hope you had a nice time in my neck of the woods!
    Talk to you soon
    XoXo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.