Thursday, February 18, 2010

Foodie Friday Beefy Vegetable Soup

I mentioned in the Tablescape Thursday post that I wanted to share the recipe for the inspiration for the tablescape.  I'm for easy so anything that I can put in a crockpot helps me organize my day.


 CROCKPOT BEEFY VEGETABLE SOUP

3 - 4 lbs of Beef Stew Meat
32 oz Swanson Beef Broth
1/2  chopped Yellow Onion
6  Peeled and diced Potatoes
12 Peeled and diced Baby-Cut Carrots
2 Large Stalks Celery cut
3 - 10 oz Cans of original Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) undrained
1 cup of water
Salt and Pepper to taste


In skillet, brown stew meat (I sometimes use ground beef).  While meat is browning, add remaining ingredients in crockpot and then include browned meat.   Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours or low setting  for 8 hours.  Serves about 6 servings.

I served with toasted sourdough garlic bread and cornbread muffins.


Not very pretty but tasty!

I'm linking to www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com  for Foodie Friday if you want to see more recipes.