Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Vintage Dixie Dogwood

 
This tablescape started out with the placemats I purchased at Anthopologie in the clearance section.  Unfortunately they only had four so if anyone finds more pleeeeeease let me know.


The napkin rings and napkins were purchased at thrift stores.  The black coiled napkin ring goes with many styles of settings.


The plates are made by Fiesta and I used black and lemongrass.  It goes well with the vintage Dixie Dogwood bowls.  The curved-handle iron spoons were purchased on-line. 


Many times the food that I am serving dictates the tablescape.  We were having Beefy Vegetable Soup.  I used artificial veggies but you could use the real thing.  The pitcher that the celery stalks and leeks are standing in is a Dixie Dogwood juice pitcher.  I put black popcorn I purchased at an Amish store in West Virginia in the bottom so they would stand up.  I, also, put the popcorn  for the votives in the Dixie Dogwood juice glasses.  The tablescape is laying on a 1940's cloth napkin.  Since the vintage dishes are from the 40-50's the colors are perfect.


The inspiration for this tablescape, Beefy Vegetable Soup recipe, may be shared on Foodie Friday so check back.

I  love to hear from you so post a comment below and let me know you were visiting.
Also, visit more tablescapes at www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com .