Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Vintage Dixie Dogwood

 
This tablescape started out with the placemats I purchased at Anthopologie in the clearance section.  Unfortunately they only had four so if anyone finds more pleeeeeease let me know.


The napkin rings and napkins were purchased at thrift stores.  The black coiled napkin ring goes with many styles of settings.


The plates are made by Fiesta and I used black and lemongrass.  It goes well with the vintage Dixie Dogwood bowls.  The curved-handle iron spoons were purchased on-line. 


Many times the food that I am serving dictates the tablescape.  We were having Beefy Vegetable Soup.  I used artificial veggies but you could use the real thing.  The pitcher that the celery stalks and leeks are standing in is a Dixie Dogwood juice pitcher.  I put black popcorn I purchased at an Amish store in West Virginia in the bottom so they would stand up.  I, also, put the popcorn  for the votives in the Dixie Dogwood juice glasses.  The tablescape is laying on a 1940's cloth napkin.  Since the vintage dishes are from the 40-50's the colors are perfect.


The inspiration for this tablescape, Beefy Vegetable Soup recipe, may be shared on Foodie Friday so check back.

I  love to hear from you so post a comment below and let me know you were visiting.
Also, visit more tablescapes at www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com .


16 comments:

  1. WOW, that combination is stunning, gorgeous dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this setting and the floral plate is pretty...simple but elegant=)
    Nice blog, I'm now following!

    follow me: Living Creatively with Flory
    http://flo-ry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those placemats, I would have snapped them up, too! They go perfect with your dishes and together they create avery uplifting and happy tablesetting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great table! I love the vintage dogwood dishes. Love the colors too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table....very fun and inviting. I love your use of black popcorn...so clever!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blogs backround. Beefy Vegetable soups sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite tables this week...♥♥♥ the lime green with the black and white! Adore those placemats, no Anthropologie here, so can't help you there. The centerpiece is perfect for this tablescape. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail~~~

    Your table is so refreshing. I love how you were able to match up the place mats with your dishes and accessories! And the centerpiece with the veggies is SO cute!!

    I love going to Anthropologie online. I hit all the sales that way. You may want to try that to find more place mats. Good luck!! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail:

    Your tablescape is so colorful and inviting. It also makes me want to eat more healthy! Ha!
    I really love the black popcorn used for stability. It fits perfectly with the set-up. Of course the Dixie Dogwood dishes are just so cute. Plus, I love the name. It always reminds me of the South.
    Enjoy your soup -- I will check back later to read your recipe.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore your tablescape. Just my style. Are the Dixie Dogwood dishes Homer Laughlin?
    I just love them. Your center piece is a delight also. The whole table is over the top gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous tablescape Gail! Your use if shades of green with black is just stunning! Really. I am a frequent visitor to Anthro and will keep my eyes out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gail,
    What a great table! Your centerpiece is so clever, I love the idea of using your main course to dictate a theme. The plates and placemats are just gorgeous.Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. So charming, Gail! I adore the green and black together. Don't you just love Anthropologie? I haven't been lately, but I may have to go this week. If I see the placemats I'll email you! Thanks for your sweet comment.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.