Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rustic Western Dinner



I have been wanting to join Tablescape Thursday for some time.  I make dinner every Tuesday for my daughter and her family.  My daughter teaches high school math and is raising three boys and a husband (you have to know my son-in-law for me to say that...ha).    Anyway, I like to make the tablescape special when I have time and last Tuesday, I decided it would be a Rustic Western theme because we were having top sirloin. 



The runner is a piece of gunny sack fabric I had and the rustic scrolled candleholder and candles of rustic colors add a punch of color.  The pheasant is fake and the ceramic boots are used as vases with artificial flowers.



The ceramic boots were purchased at Kohl's last year and are used here for vases.



The rustic tin chargers set the mood and the Fiesta plates and bowls are so versatile.  The napkin rings were purchased at Walmart around Thanksgiving time and have a leaf motif but still go perfect with the chargers and candleholder.  Adding a feather to the napkin gives a touch of whimsy.



I love to add a touch of the past with the vintage binoculars.

It was easy to put a gunny sack on the back of the dining chairs.  I do have to caution those that have allergies to maybe wash the sacks before using them because I had to take them off the table and chairs before we were finished eating because they caused my allergies to flair.  But we did play some western music and had a fun time.  Yee Haw!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  I enjoy hearing from you. 

Visit Susan at www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com to see a list of sites participating in Tablescape Thursday.


11 comments:

  1. I just commented and lost it. Darn.
    Anyway...Great tablescape. Knowing your "crew", I am sure they got a kick out of it. Love the boots as vases. And the gunny sacks are perfect with your theme. Wondered about the allergies, though.
    I did my Valentines table, but could not get good pictures today, so maybe I can join next week, if I can figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail you always inspire me! You are a master at pulling random things together to create a wonderful theme and look. I know your family felt extra special to sit down to dinner at such a fabulous table. What's on the menu tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail-What a good mother and grandmother you are! I know "the boys" appreciated the theme. I love the boots and the tin chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect rustic table! I love the phesant. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this rustic, natural tablescape. The gunny sacks are great, I use them alot too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tablescape. That regal pheasant looks like king of the table and the tin chargers are great with your fiestaware. Very fun!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute table...gunny sack tablecloth, binoculars, pheasant, boots...i just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so kind to cook dinner for your daughter and her family once a week! Such a creative tablescape! I love the pheasant feather tucked in with the napkin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with the tablescape~ I love ther pheasant and binoculors! The gunny sack fabric is so appropriate for your theme! I just love it...sirloin sounds good too!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail:
    Your tablescape is so fun and fab. I know it was a fun night. I get a kick out of the pheasant. I bet one of these days you will break down and handle a real stuffed one! You are on your way, with the antlers as a start! I know your family dinners will be cherished.
    Adios for now, podner!
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable phesant and so pretty rustic decors.

    TY for sharing your wonderful thoughts.

    Greetings from a snowy Stockholm.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.