Thursday, January 7, 2010

Houses of Cape May

Visiting houses whether it is just a driveby or actually touring the inside is one of my passions.  While visiting our son and his wife in Philadelphia last Fall he said "Mom, I think you would love Cape May, it is in New Jersey and only about a two-hour drive".  They had to go to work but their newly-retired parents were off for an adventure.  When we first arrived to the picturesque New Jersey seashore, I knew they were right!   The whole town is a National Historic Landmark. Since you know I am "Victorian at Heart" I was thrilled to be there. 











I was just a little too late to tour this designer house but I did peek in the windows.

























This is a home you can tour but I didn't get a chance so I have to go back.



























There are many privately owned houses as well as Bed and Breakfasts, restaurants and  a quaint downtown shopping area to visit.  These Victorian  Era houses called "Painted Ladies" are beautiful with all their gingerbread trim, turrets, gables, and care of details. I am thankful for the homeowners and businesses that have kept this historic area so all can enjoy.

Subscribe by email or post a comment and let me know if you enjoyed your Cape May Tour.
I hope to share more of this area at a later time.