Thursday, January 7, 2010

Houses of Cape May

Visiting houses whether it is just a driveby or actually touring the inside is one of my passions.  While visiting our son and his wife in Philadelphia last Fall he said "Mom, I think you would love Cape May, it is in New Jersey and only about a two-hour drive".  They had to go to work but their newly-retired parents were off for an adventure.  When we first arrived to the picturesque New Jersey seashore, I knew they were right!   The whole town is a National Historic Landmark. Since you know I am "Victorian at Heart" I was thrilled to be there. 











I was just a little too late to tour this designer house but I did peek in the windows.

























This is a home you can tour but I didn't get a chance so I have to go back.



























There are many privately owned houses as well as Bed and Breakfasts, restaurants and  a quaint downtown shopping area to visit.  These Victorian  Era houses called "Painted Ladies" are beautiful with all their gingerbread trim, turrets, gables, and care of details. I am thankful for the homeowners and businesses that have kept this historic area so all can enjoy.

Subscribe by email or post a comment and let me know if you enjoyed your Cape May Tour.
I hope to share more of this area at a later time.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see why you loved Cape May. It was a great tour. I especially loved the one with the red porch, white wicker and awning with drapes....all on a porch. More would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful homes! And to think they are all in the same area. If I lived nearby I would probably be driving by all the time. My favorite home was the yellow one with the glass front doors, tall front windows, and the beautiful trees surrounding the home. It looked yummy. I would love to peek in! It reminded me of the beautiful colonial homes in Jacksonville, Ill. Thank you for a wonderful tour.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those house are so beautiful. I'd love to tour them. We just don't see many homes like that here in California do we? Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE Cape May. We used to live close to Philadelphia and it took us about 2 hrs. to get there too. We went just about every summer and I have tons of pictures and a couple books. Your pics are great. Wish I lived there!! I can't get enough of these homes and love to just walk around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.