Monday, January 4, 2010

Clutter or Layering

Many articles that I have been reading for ideas for the new year say "Get rid of clutter"  Sorry but this girl loves her stuff.  I have had my moments of getting rid of stuff but I usually regret it later so I am going to attempt organizing my clutter.  The phrase "less is more" does not make sense to me.  I like to think of my clutter as "layering my treasures". 


This elegantly dressed jewelry holder has one common theme....Bling.  One rhinestone necklace won't be enough.  The collector in me wants one from each era and some are family heirlooms.  I'm not sure when this collection started but anything with rhinestones (or diamonds, ha) will find a place in this display.



The use of a vintage store display piece with tiny compartments is the perfect place to keep small rhinestone earrings, rings, and charms organized.

 


The use of a cloche gives importance to what is displayed inside such as these rolls of vintage french ribbon and labels.  Adding a rhinestone headband for an accent gives the bling it needs  but is at hand if you choose to wear it.



The vignette with bling.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, it's very hard to part with my things, if I wanted to get rid of it, I would not have gotten it in the first place.
    Maybe less is more..to some..but for me, I Love my treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.