Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rock-a-billy Girl Has Some New Bling

My friend, Sandra, sent me a photo and said she made a new necklace for my Rock-a-billy Girl in my guest bedroom.  When I received it, I loved it.  It is perfect for the dress form but I want to wear it too.  I would like to show it to you  and tell you how using vintage jewelry can also be used as decor for your home.




Sandra is very creative and has been making jewelry for some time.  
She loves to use vintage pieces in her creations.  



This creation has vintage buttons and she knows I love rhinestones 
so this was the perfect combination for me.


I  wanted you to get a closer look.

 

If you would like to check out a previous post about this Rock-a-Billy outfit click here.



This is what the necklace would look like paired with my vintage black sheer blouse.




The necklace button compliments the buttons on the blouse.  The blouse actually buttons up the back.





This vignette is in my guest bath and I accessorized the blouse with these vintage black sheer elbow-length gloves.



Included is this antique black and gold beaded purse.


The blouse hangs on a vintage gold satin hanger with  a black and tan toile bird birched on top.



This vignette sits close by.  The vintage bottle is dressed up in black lace and rhinestones with a black plume spilling out of the top.  As a side note, this vignette sits on an antique English lace inlaid vanity tray.

I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to my creative friend, Sandra, who has blessed my life.

I am sharing with "Show and Tell Friday" with Cindy @ My Romantic Home or click button on the sidebar.

I, also, linking to Southern in my Heart Inspiration Friday blog party.

I, also, am linking to Vintage Black Friday  at The French Cupboard.

1, also, am linking to Common Ground Vintage Inspiration Friday.

26 comments:

  1. Love it! And I love Victorian "anything." Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rock a Billies's Bling!! The necklace is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I found the button, I knew it was so you and that it would match the decor in your guest bedroom. After I found the old rhinestone necklace in with my jewelry, I got inspired. Enjoy it and think of me when you or Rock-A-Billy girl wear it.
    Love, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect fit for your rock-a-billy girl. I'm sure she won't mind if you borrow it once in a while. Makes me wonder what garment the button was on originally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that necklace. Too cute for only Rock-A-Billy girl to wear. I hope you get to wear it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is perfect, and actually, I love the whole thing from Rock-a-Billy to that vignette. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking things, and I love the way you put them together! Lots of bling! Pretty tabletop, too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I am loving the vintage black blouse too!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute on Rock A Billy girl, but you definitely should get to wear it too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks beautiful and very charming! I adore the pretty tray.

    Blessings to you and yours.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All so beautiful! My favorite is the black purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous necklace!! i would loooove to have one like it! :) and the rest of the blog is fabulous, too...i <3 victorian style!! thanks so much for stopping by my barn chicks post....i am following this blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! You have fabulous taste and style! Thank you so much for linking this to my Inspiration Friday party and I hope to see more of you in the future!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOO I spy the black ostrich plume....love it! that purse it to die for as well!
    hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice vintage blacks, I love the bird! Have a fun filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rock-a-billy Girl is rockin'. The peachy rhinestone necklace is perfect. Of course, all the rhinestones just give it that wonderful sparkly bling-bling. Sandi did a beautiful job. She is so creative. Someday you must wear Rock-a-billy's outfit. She wouldn't mind at all. Just add a frilly skirt and you will be set.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful gift from your friend! Thanks for sharing your vintage black. Blessings... Polly
    French Cupboard & Counting Your Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. you should add this beautiful post to the Barn Chick meeting as well- love it
    thanks for being a Barn Chick!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. So awesome! How sweet of her! Thanks for sharing on my romantic home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful vintage post, Gail. I got to see the necklace Sandi made for you last week. I cannot believe how incredibly beautiful that button is. With the rhinestones it is a keeper.
    Great for you to wear or your Rock-a-Billy girl.
    I loved seeing all your vignettes and the black sheer blouse is a perfect match for the necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lot of pretty things. I really like the vanity tray and everything you have displayed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Gail, your Rock-a-billy Girl is just the cutest!! Love that outfit you put together for her and the necklace is just perfect to show her off. That huge button with the bling is fantastic! So glad you joined the party, hope to see you next week!!!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful. I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I would sport that outfit! Your chick is very hip! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  25. The necklace is lovely, and it looks great with your black blouse. Why let the mannequin have all the fun? You should at least share it! ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.