Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reminiscing with "Sunday Favorites" Blog Party

When I saw that the blog "Happy to Design" was having a "Sunday Favorites" blog party, I knew I wanted to be included.  The party is designed to give bloggers an opportunity to share, once again, one of their favorite posts.

Since it will be almost one year (October 15, 2009) since I began my own blog, I decided I would like to share one of my first posts. 



 
When I first saw the black pumpkins, I knew I had to include them in my topiary.

A furry black spider greets you at my front door.




Nature does not provide our area with much of a Fall season so we have to create our own. We just came back from a trip from the West Coast to East Coast. We were a little early for the Fall even on the East Coast but we did have to shop at four faux pumpkin patches on the drive in order to create these topiaries.

 I made these faux pumpkin topiaries last year  and when I brought them out to place them by my door this year, it brought back precious memories we had on our "Across-the-United States" trip.  My husband was so good about letting me stop to shop whenever I spotted shops that I didn't want to pass up. Our van was so full by the time we were almost home, the two huge white pumpkins were strapped in the front passenger seat...I wish you could have seen some of the looks we got.  I love to ride in the back to watch DVDs and read. We are going to be flying to the East Coast this year.....Do you think I can manage to bring back more huge pumpkins?

 Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I am so excited that I have almost reached 100 followers and close to 100 posts.  I have had such a fun time in blogland and have enjoyed meeting so many wonderful kindred-spirited friends.

If you would like to visit other great posts, click on the Sunday Favorites button on my sidebar or click here.

Have a Blessed Sunday

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the pumpkin topiaries. I wish there had been room in your van for a whole bunch of those wonderful, giant pumpkins so that we all could have one or two topiaries on our front porches. A van jam packed with pumpkins. That would have been something to see. Yours are beautiful.
    Lots of love,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that post -- it seems like it was just yesterday! Congratulations on your wonderful blog. You have given many bloggers great ideas and inspiration of different ways to decorate in their own homes. May this 2nd year in blogland be even more fun for you as you dream and create many more beautiful and unique decorative creations. Be blessed, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your blogaversary. You have a beautiful inviting entry. Your topiaries and wreath are wonderful....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail...

    Ohhh my, I am confused! I see that you revisited this sweet post for Sunday Favorites but I think when I followed your link for the party...it took me to another post. The post with the antique chess set? I do apologize for any mix-up, my friend! But...I'm so happy to get to see this fabulous post as well! Eeeks...that IS a big, fuzzy spider! Hehe! He looks so grand in your pretty wreath! Spooky but grand! wink! Love the topiaries that you made! I have wanted to do some of these for awhile now and still haven't gotten around to making any! They look fabulous on your front porch! Well sweet lady, thank you for sharing this wonderful post with us! Again, I am a bit confused and do apologize!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all - especially that huge spider!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.