Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tablescape Thursday A Quiet Place


One day last month when it was still a little chilly outside, I set aside some time in the afternoon to find  a quiet place.  

 A table in front of the fireplace seem to be that special place.  I served hot tea for myself  in my Old Country Rose pattern teacup which always makes a beautiful peaceful table.



 This is a close view of the ribbon I used around the candle.  I purchased it at a flea market a few years ago.  



I used a gold charger with a gold rimmed dinner plate to highlight the old country rose dessert plate.  The gold plated fork is like adding jewelry.

I didn't include this Victorian booklet about salads to remind me that I should have been eating salad instead of brownie, instead because of the simple tablescape.


With the candle and fireplace flickering and with the scent of red rose buds in the vase, it was time to reflect on the beauty around me. 

I encourage you to set aside some time in your busy day to pause long enough to smell the roses and turn your attention on the beauty of life.

Have a Blessed Day.

I am participating in Tablescape Thursday. If you want to see more tablescapes  just click on the TT button.