Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Streets of Bakersfield" - White Forest Nursery

Does this title sound familiar?  Well, that good old song of Buck Owens "Streets of Bakersfield" might give you a different image of Bakersfield California than what I'm going to share but hang on for a bucking good ride.

What beautiful weather we are having today in California?  It is 80 degrees with blue skies so my husband and I decided to get ideas for our backyard .  I hope to show some before-and-after photos of our backyard  when there becomes an "after".  Since my husband is a do-it-yourselfer it will take some time to complete but I have learned over the years, it will be worth the wait.

We took a trip to "White Forest Nursery".  Now that sprinklers have been installed and curbs and walls have been built, we are ready for some color.  Here are some ideas we are considering.







We found other ideas besides plants.






This is what we brought home and planted.

Two creeping fig to cover block privacy wall.



Two warm and fuzzy mini Rose trees for the inside of privacy wall.  Hope to include fountain and more plants in front of tiled wall.


Several Marguerita Lipstick Daisies to line walkway.




White Forest Nursery owner, Jere White, has a radio and TV program in our area. Also, you can get some great ideas from their website just click here.


Happy St. Patrick's Day
Hope you are enjoying some green.



If you have some suggestions of colorful plants you like, please leave me a comment.


"The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies." 
Gertrude Jekyll


1 comment:

  1. Well, you have a good start with color, and I love creeping fig. Of course a Victorian at Heart girl has to have roses too. My favorite at this time of year is Stock. The colors just say Spring. I also love Renoculus(not sure about spelling) But the large blossom remind me of roses. Honestly didn't know White Forest Nursery was still open.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.