Thursday, February 10, 2011

Romancing your Home

In the previous post, I mentioned that the pink and black was inspiring me to create a vignette.  Well, I didn't have to look too far to see I already had a vignette with those colors.

 All I had to do was turn the corner in my living room to find some pink and black.



 We can take a closer look.



While on a shopping adventure in a vintage store, I found this print.  Actually, after I posted my shopping adventure, Suzanne mentioned in a comment that "this was wrapping paper" and I thought "I think I have seen that print before" so I looked in my stash under my bed and guess what I found.  I had this print all along.  That confirmed I must really like this map of  Paris.  I have read "Paris is the most romantic city".  I don't know about that but maybe some day I can check it out.

When I showed this print to Mr. VH he wasn't impressed.  He said the frame was not good so he set out to put it under glass and square-up the frame.  He, also, painted it black for me. 



The metamorphosis was complete.


If you want to Romance your home....Inspiration is found everywhere you turn.




From the same shopping adventure, I came home with this black Underwood typewriter.  The unique part that made my heart beat faster was the fact that it had a "pink" key.



If you take a closer look, the key on the top right is "pink".  It is on a teeter-totter mechanism with a black key.  It seems these keys were used to change the colors on the ribbon because it shifts the ribbon up and down.  I guess I'm really aging myself because I remember typing on machines that did that.  

If you would like to check out the post of this fun shopping adventure click here on Rock-a-Billy Adventure.




More romantic detailing with this pair of pink birds.  
Notice the author's name on book....Byrd.




I don't know if you noticed, but the photos in this picture frame change.
There are so many fun ideas for decorating your home.
 I just love watching my three grandsons have fun.



Set the mood by
Romancing your Home



Be inspired by visiting  these following links I've joined:

Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Junkin' Finds Friday at Al a Carte
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch