Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Birthday Celebration

 Cindi      Sally      Ruth      Sandi     Gail


My friend Sally had her birthday in December but since that was such a busy time of the year, we decided to have a belated  birthday celebration in January, actually January 31st. 



Cindi hosted Sally's birthday celebration.
Since the next day was February and we love our times together, Cindi chose a 
Valentine themed setting.


The pink swirl glass dishes let you peek to the vintage rose plates and bowls.



The beautiful floral napkins were folded with detail.  Cindi said she has a book that shows different ways to fold napkins.

Here are some close-ups of the tablescape.









Our potluck Menu was Soups and Salads.
This salad was just the beginning.



Even though the family room is large we enjoyed our cozy space in front of the fireplace. 
I just had to show you the old cash register that sits close by.



Cindi purchased this beautiful table runner the day before on a shopping spree.



 More Valentine vignettes sprinkled around the room.




You can find many lovable treasures in this vignette.



 Valentine hankies and perfume bottles tucked away with a vintage Valentine postcard.




The "Cupids Book" was a purchase from my booth at the Ventura Flea Market the day before.
I have to tell you, that when my grandsons were younger I saw them one day looking at that book and snickering because the cupid was naked.



Did anyone say DESSERT!
This Valentine vignette was by the dessert bar.









We always love it when Cindi is in charge of desserts.  
She doesn't just make one dessert she makes many.








Sally's favorite is chocolate.




 Strawberry Truffle goes so well for Valentine's Day.
It not only is beautiful but yummy.




 Of course you have to sample it all and the gracious hostess that Cindi is, she sends us home with lots of goodies.



 Cindi and her husband, Chuck, sent us home with oranges, tangerines, and grapefruits
picked from their trees.




Chuck was trying to show us his creative decorating side with this display of grapefruits. 
  The "White Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge"  just kept popping in my mouth.  
They didn't last long after I took them home so I thought I would share Cindi's recipe with you and let you taste for yourself.  The great thing about this recipe is that it makes a large batch so it is great for when  you are entertaining.


White Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

2 pounds Guittard Brand White Chocolate Chips
2 cups  Skippy Peanut Butter (Chunky or Creamy)
2 cups Special K or Rice Krispies Cereal
2 cups Peanuts (Dry Roasted or Regular)
2 cups Miniature Marshmallows

Melt white chips and peanut butter on stove or in microwave at 70% power for 5 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.  Turn mixture into buttered jelly roll pan.  Use piece of waxed paper to press fudge smooth.  Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes and cut into squares. (It is easier to cut before it gets too hard in refrigerator).  Store in Refrigerator

Enjoy!

Thank you Cindi for hosting such a fun evening and
Happy Birthday Sally!



I'm linking to the following Blog Parties:

Thursday Tablescape at Between Naps on the Porch
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Show and Tell at My Romantic Home
Junkin Finds Friday at Alacarte





11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sally!!!! I hope she wore her new crinoline. So nice to see you all together. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you girls celebrate the birthdays with holidays. It makes it so special. Lovely as always and I wish Sally a wonderful year till her next birthday. I loved your booth at Ventura, you have such a wonderful talent for displaying your collectibles. Your booth was very popular. Looking forward to getting together for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail...

    Cindy's home is beautiful and I really enjoyed seeing some of her Valentine vignettes! Loved all the vintage figurines...sooo pretty! She also set a lovely table! What a wonderful birthday celebration for Sally! Mmmm...the food looked scrumptious as well! What fun! Thank you for sharing this special evening with us!

    Warmest winter wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely party! Everything looks yummy and the presentation is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I especially love the sweet Valentine collectibles. So cute. I'm visiting from Vintage Thingies Thursday. Hope you can visit me too!
    ~ Lynn at Cottage and Creek
    http://www.cottageandcreek.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful party! Bet you all had a great time.

    I will have to try that fudge recipe sometime. Although, maybe it's *not* a good thing it makes such a big batch---I will have to make sure to make it for a big get-together, because I am not sure I could stand the temptation of those leftovers, LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed being with you all so much...even more after I saw those desserts. You captured Cindi's decorations so well I felt like I was there. I even spotted something of mine in the mix. Sorta makes me wish I hadn't put all my Valentine decorations in my garage sale. When do we get to do this again so I can join in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely evening we had! I had so much fun being with my special friends. The food was so yummy. Cindi, I could eat the ganache-covered decadent brownie every day! It was fab!! Everything looked so pretty, feminine and festive all at the same time. Thank you, my very special girlfriends, for a wonderful birthday dinner and evening. I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vintage Valentine's are adorable and the food--yummy! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing all these wonderful decorations. I love the vintage Valentine girl! February is a big Birthday month here also. Thanks for joining JFF! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely party Victorian Valentine Birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun table lucky girl.The sweets look so yummy. so many cute things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.