Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Walk along the Beach

I guess the best place to start a story is from the beginning. 

At the beginning of summer Mr. VH and I helped with decorating for the Vacation Bible School at our church.  It had a nautical, beachy, pirate ship theme.  It was called Sailing Adventure.

So on a trip with my friends in the summer, I started looking for nautical themed items.  I wanted some pieces with a touch of the past as well as the cutesy ones.  I did a 5-part post on our trip if you would like to check it out click here.

This all became inspiration for a tablescape that I have been wanting to do all summer.  Last week when we were having halibut for dinner, I decided this is the time for this tablescape.  

I am just going to let you take a "A Walk along the Beach"
































Fabric for the tablecloth and napkins was given to me by my friend, Beverly
The napkin rings were a gift from my friend, Sally many years ago when she went to Hawaii
The silver chargers from Target last year
The plates are Fiesta turquoise.  White or sand plates would look great if you wanted to keep it without color.
The shell and starfish plates, garland of driftwood, and rope-like silverware was from HomeGoods.
The starfish and shells are purchases I made from beach stores over the years.
One of my favorite items are the old buoys I purchased from Bungalow in Sacramento California
The vintage nets I have purchased at antique stores and shows when I see it.  The vintage nets have such character.
The shell planter was purchased at an antique store in Las Vegas.
The stemware and votive cups with the wavy glass I have had for a long time
.
I hope you enjoyed  your "Walk along the Beach"

I will be participating in the following blog parties.
You can click on their names when I link them up or on their buttons on my sidebar.

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
Simple Pleasures at A Collection of This and That
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ Some What Smple
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home