Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Lazy Summer's Day

My friend, Sally, invited me for lunch and a movie one day last week. We just wanted to have "A Lazy Summer's Day".

.

Sally made me feel very special as I approached the front door with this cute sign welcoming me.


I was served a wonderful ham and cheese croissant sandwich. As we lazily sat at her kitchen island, we chatted about our summer.  I was not only treated to a yummy lunch, but I was enjoying "eye candy". Following is a collage of some of the treasures in her kitchen.



She and her husband have renovated their kitchen.
She has creatively displayed her many treasures.


Sally loves her chocolate and even though I didn't get a photo of the Hershey's cupcake she had for dessert,
I did get a photo of this vintage "chocolat" box she has displayed in one of her cabinets.



This is an armoire that I sold to Sally.




Now here it is in Sally's house with a new applique and painted white.Great transformation, it gave it a new life.  It is amazing what a little paint can do.

After dessert and the movie, Sally and I ended up making plans for a weekend adventure. We had a great time and I will be posting about our adventure after I get back from another getaway with family.


I am going to share this project with "Metamorphosis Monday"  with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
If you would like to see more projects click on the "Metamorphosis Monday" button on the sidebar
or click here.




Hope you take time to enjoy "A Lazy Summer's Day".

12 comments:

  1. Sally's armoire transformation is terrific! Love the fresh white :-)
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That armoire is fabulous!!! The white is so clean and fresh! Looks like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing pictures of your lunch (I spied some of Sally's yummy guacamole) and of Sally's home. Looks like she has been busy over the summer.
    How cute to have a welcome sign out for you, Gail.
    Anxious to hear about this adventure.

    Giveaway over on my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! She did a wonderful job on this piece! It even looks so much larger to me in the white too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The armoire is so beautiful! Love it painted white....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she has quite the collections. I bet one could spend hours at her place just taking it all in and hearing the stories. The white paint really brought this armoire to life. Sounds like it was a most lovely afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I am a new member of the Bloggerette Sorority. I am making my rounds to "meet" the ladies of the sorority and take a peek at everyone's blogs and pretties. Please visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com
    You have a beautiful site

    ReplyDelete
  8. your friends seem so nice. that sign was too sweet. any chance they will adopt me? ha. love you Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. If it's interesting to you, Little Red House hosts Mosaic Monday and your kitchen photo seems to apply. Maybe? http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Mosaic%20Monday I just came across it recently and your photo made me think of her blog. Happy blogging! I'm following you on Networkblogs. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon.....you guys are always doing something fun and off on some adventure. It was fun to see pictures of Sally's house. It is so cute and I hadn't seen many of the new things she has done in the house since I had been there last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gail, thank you for sharing your visit to Sally and the lovely treasures..it is such a blessing to have good friends..I love the personal Welcome sign- very special.
    thank you for visiting my blog and the lovely comment you left. enjoy your weekend Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous piece! Are you sorry Sally has it now? I would be. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.