Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vintage Black Friday - Bibles, Bustle, & Boots

I am linking to Vintage Black Friday for the first time.  It is the first Friday of each month and the only rules for the post is it has to be vintage and black.  Since I, too, love vintage black items, I wanted to start posting some of my favorite vintage black pieces. 

Since Vintage Black Friday is on "Good Friday" I wanted to share my collection of vintage Bibles.  Some of my favorites are the black ones in the middle of this picture.  The first black Bible standing is a 1967 Bible that my husband and I received when we were married in 1968.  The larger vintage black Bible was printed in Great Britain but I have not been able to find a date when published.  The small vintage black Bible was published in 1872.   Another vintage piece is the pen sitting on top of the marble base.

This Bible is copyrighted in 1936.  This Bible belonged to my Grandmother and was given to me when she passed away in 1990.  Grandma started the family register in this Bible so I have tried to keep information up to date.    This is a treasured keepsake.

This black Victorian gown has beautiful detailed beading and netting.  I tried to show it but the fabric is very delicate so I try not to touch it too much. 

This Victorian gown has sequins and hand sewn details on every inch.
   
Beautiful details and beads on sleeve.

This hat is from the early 1900's accessorized by the two vintage rhinestone hat pins.

I accessorized it with this vintage black and green beaded purse which compliments the vintage umbrella.

No Victorian outfit is complete without Victorian boots.

This Victorian lady would have had a beautiful silhouette with this detailed bustle.  She would definitely need her maid to help her be fashionable for this Vintage Black Friday Blog Party.  If you want to view more posts, click on French Cupboard or VBF button on sidebar.

Many Blessings and Happy Easter!

13 comments:

  1. Love the bibles...esp. the one you had when you were married...makes it even more special.
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post for VBF ... I'm glad you have brought parts of your collection to the table! How special to have a family bible ... everything here is wonderful, thank you for sharing with us!

    See you next month at VBF ; )

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful post! The detail on the dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have displayed your vintage Bibles.....wonderful idea, I have several that belonged to different family members.
    Beautiful gown, hat, pins and shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bible collection is awesome. Don't you just love the worn leather covers? The textures with your cloche. Lovely Happy Easter Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some old Bibles that I display too. I love the tattered pages... the thought of years of someone studying the words, praying with tears over it for their loved ones... How precious!

    Have a blessed Easter... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail....what a wonderful collection of bibles and how grandly you have them displayed! That Victorian gown and accessories leave me speechless!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a collection of vintage black bibles that I should have thought of for today. Thank you so much for showing yours. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vignette of the vintage Bibles. I love old ones from the family. Love the hat and boots...pointy toes, ouch!
    Have a wonderful Easter.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail: What a beautiful display of your old bibles. What a story they tell. All of your black collectibles look so pretty. You always know just how to display them. It would be fun trying on those boots with the black dress -- maybe for a dress-up party? Of course, back then the ladies' waist sizes were about 16 or 17. Oh well, we can dream.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. the gown is simply stunning...i love the bag too!

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo Gail! excellent display and setting. Perfect for VBF and it being Good Friday and all. Looking forward to the next one.

    Always,
    Leslie C

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv the articles you've shared!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.