Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Streets of Bakersfield" - French Quarter

I am on the "Streets of Bakersfield" traveling down Rosedale Highway and the black awning catches my eye so my car just parks at "The French Quarter" by JH Design.  Yes, it is a design and home furnishings store. Most of  the items are new but once in a while an antique is in the mix.
When you walk through the door, you hear French inspired music playing.  There is much to see, but on this particular day, I was looking at chandeliers so that is why I mostly took some pictures to show my husband but I will share with you, too.



The store is packed with home furnishings and accessories.






I did make a purchase on this shopping trip but I didn't take a picture of it while in the store.


This lamp with the leopard printed shade went on my bedside table.  The shade is rectangle shaped so it is perfect for night reading in bed.

A little France in Bakersfield.....who knew?

Au revoir