Monday, February 4, 2013

White Roses

When my daughter asked me to make a bouquet for my oldest Grandson, Davis, to give to his date, Jessie,  for his school formal, I said okay.  Then I thought, "Can I do this?".  I mostly do silk flowers and they are more forgiving than fresh flowers but for them, I will give it my best shot.





This is a silk bouquet I did to practice on the stem ribbons. (which you can't see in this photo)


Since I had made the bouquet, I created this folded heart vintage book page for a Valentine vignette.


 
Choosing perfect white roses is a bit tricky but I found some.


I chose three different textures of ribbon. 
I knew they were wearing royal blue so I added a touch of narrow royal ribbon, one silver glitter ribbon with an open weave and one silver glitter ribbon with a black background.
I chose silver since I knew Davis' suit was gray.

I had to add a touch of bling on the ribbon.
 A girl can never have too much bling!
All tied together.





All the bling went perfect with Jessie's gown.





Oh, did I say a girl can never have too much bling.....
I added some rhinestones to the flowers.



 Always have to have something silly........







 

 I added a picture of Davis' parents since today is his 15th birthday.

Davis, I love you and are so proud of you,
 
Happy 15th Birthday Davis!

Love, Grammy 


2 comments:

  1. Davis is so grown up! I remember when he was just a little kid. Your roses are lovely and how honored you must have felt to be a part of the big day. Well done Grammie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it doesn't matter how old they get, they are always fun.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.