Friday, July 1, 2011

2011 Summer Road Trip - Leaving California

Life just got in the way of me blogging but now that I've started on a road trip across the United States for seven weeks I decided it would be fun to do some posts of our adventure.  For several years my daughter, Monica, and I talked about when her sons got old enough to remember about their vacation, we would buy a motorhome and take a long road trip.  So now that my grandsons were at a great age for a trip,  Davis 13, CJ 11, and Eli 8 we thought it would be a good time to take to the road.

My SIL had to work until noon so as soon as he got home, we were packed and ready to begin our adventure.


Papa decided the boys needed their own cameras to document our journey so before we began, they received their gift.  Notice the great wrapping paper.






With everyone finding their travel space and pilot and co-pilot in place, we hit the road for a U.S. adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Are there SEVEN of you in that motor home or are there two motor homes? I do love my family but I'm thinking seven weeks with seven people is a bit much for me. Enjoy your summer Gail. I've missed your blog posts and look forward to sharing your adventure. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. Richard at My Old Historic House. PS. while you are having fun, I am pulling weeds and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see a new post. It will be fun following along on your trip. Everyone already looks like they are having fun. The cameras were a great idea. Tell the "pilot" he did a good job, wrapping and all.
    Have fun and report back soon. I miss my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.