Monday, January 17, 2011

Dessert and Tea for Three

My son and DIL are here in Bakersfield, California visiting from Philadelphia, PA.  My DIL Courtny, my daughter Monica, and I decided to go out for lunch and for a little shopping and some decadent desserts.  Yes, I did add an "s" on desserts as you will see later.   We stopped by "Strawberry Patches" for some creative inspiration using some cute fabrics.  If you want to be inspired, too, visit Suzanne's blog "Notes From the Patch" by clicking here.    Suzanne said to me  "What have you been doing, you haven't posted on your blog since January the 3rd!"  I know you don't care to hear all my excuses but I have to  tell you  that I received enough money for Christmas to add to my funds to purchase a laptop.  There is much to be done trying to "teach an old dog new tricks" (did I just call myself an old dog?... I think I did... lol)  We, also, purchased a motorhome so we have been traveling too.  Anyway, next door to Strawberry Patches is a bakery and boutique called "Sweet Surrender".  So we did surrender to the sweets and purchased some desserts to take home to have a tea party.



Even though today happened to be a cloudy day, the bright colored floral tea cups cheered us up.



Sweet Surrender makes the most amazing pastries. 
We chose a rich, dark chocolate cupcake with toffee crumbled on bottom and top.  It is called an English Toffee cupcake.  The other cupcake was called Snickerdoodle.  The  bar had a cookie base with layers of chocolate chunks and nuts with a cream cheese type top.   It was called Neiman Marcus bar


We decided to cut each of our desserts and share so we could have a bite of each pastry.  The cute heart napkins were purchased at the new Hobby Lobby store one hour north in Visalia, CA.  I think this antique knife is called a fish knife but I used it to serve the pastry pieces.



We boiled water for tea in the tea kettle just purchased from Home Goods.



This is an antique box I keep tea in.


I'm not sure it is actually meant to be a tea caddy but it is perfect with the silhouette of a Victorian couple having tea.

Courtny

     Monica  
(She decided to have milk with her rich desserts)
    
What fun it was to have
"Dessert and Tea for Three"




Check out some other blogs:

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

11 comments:

  1. Hi Gail ~ Sharing is certainly the way to go ... then you get a wee taste of everything! Mmmmmm, it all looks so delicious! Enjoy your visit with your son and DIL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talking about...a great post on an everyday busy life. Only you can take a box of take out sweets to such elegant levels. I'd had my tea in a recyclable paper cup and stuffed my cupcake in my face at a stop light then licked my fingers. You had a tea party with antique cups and pretty napkins!
    Thanks for the post! Can't wait to see what you're doing today. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty and how fun. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tea party you have put together!!
    You should link up to all of the Tea parties going on on Tuesday!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tea party! So fun and special to share it with your "daughters." I know you all had a great time. Everything looked so pretty. I'm like Suzanne, though. I would have already taken a huge bite out of that chocolate cupcake in the car. (I always have to buy two -- one for the road and one for home!) Glad you got your laptop. Have a great time enjoying your family this week.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special day to share with your "daughters". What could be better! Of course you chose the best place to go for desserts. I always have to get 2, one for the car and one for home. Your china dishes look so pretty and I know you all enjoyed your day. There's nothing like shopping and eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be the most beautiful tea cup I have ever seen, the one Courtney is using.

    I love getting fabulous pastries from wonderful shops. When I visited Paris we did it often for breakfast, of course we did not have the gorgeous silver fish knife or the luxurious tea cups you have. Looks gorgeous, and so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail, thank you so much for stopping by and entering my giveaway!

    Wow those desserts look divine! And what fun to have that special time with your girls..

    Thank you for sharing!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I remember those goodies from when I worked next door, but your special way of setting a table really make them look even better. Loved seeing both your girls and you enjoying an afternoon tea together. Oh! I love your Valentine background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gail,,,yum! I imagine you are having a great time with the girls. With the weather in the NE you may be staying a while,,more tea time! You all are beautiful.
    Enjoy!

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.