Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine Soiree

Unfortunately about a month ago, I had the flu but the day I was recouping from my suffering time the Valentine issue of the Romantic Homes magazine arrived in the mail, so I had to rest and read my magazine from cover to cover. Under the shopkeeping section, there is an article called "A Romance with France" which was about a French inspired antique shop in San Diego California called Vignettes . They announced their Valentine soiree theme "Queen for a Day".  Since my friend, Sally, and I have enjoyed shopping there in the past, I asked if she would be interested in a Valentine soiree..... of course the answer was ....yes!  We began researching the possibility of attending this soiree and found out that Queen Marie Antoinette would be the inspiration for the soiree.  This is a queen who wore her finest ballgowns to stroll amongst her gardens and said “The least I can do for my gardens is to dress in my finest, for after all, look how they have dressed up in their finest for me”. Also,   Meryl Schoenbaum, Executive Editor of Romantic Homes Magazine   would be the guest for the day and autograph Romantic Home magazines.

Since I was still recouping from the flu, I downloaded from Netflix the movie "Marie Antionette" to recall the story.  In my opinion, the story wasn't  that great but the fashions, grounds, and furnishings were lovely.  If you would like to see some photos go to Sony pictures, Marie Antoinette.

As time went on, life started to get in the way of us attending the soiree but around 9 pm the night before the lavish party was to take place, we decided to make the trip.  It is around a 3-hour drive.  So the next morning around 6 am we were on our way to a royal-inspired road trip.  Following is what greeted us.




 I'm trying to wait patiently for the door to open so Sally took a picture of me and......




 I took a picture of her.
















Since my husband knows how I love to shop, he gave me an early Valentine gift of extra spending cash for the trip.  Following I will show you what I came home with.


The first item that caught my eye was this French Boudoir Sweetheart chair.



See the red velvet cover buttons and the detailed wood.



The sweetheart chair found its new home next to my Victorian gown.

Ooh La La 
 


This Valentine's Day painted sign was perfect to put in my entry vignette.

I purchased a few other items that I didn't take pictures of 
such as a book titled "Cupid's Understudy" and 
some very cute Valentine tags.
 

Wishing you a very special Valentine's Day








5 comments:

  1. You always inspire me with your finds. I'll add Vignettes to my Gail recommendations - the shoppe looks charming, I'm so glad you took the time to go and share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect trip for you and Sally.
    I'm in love with that chair. If it comes up missing after my next visit you'll know where to look. Happy Valentines Day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there too and had so much fun looking at Vignettes wonderful displays. Looks like you took some great photos and love the chair. It looks beautiful next to your Victorian gown.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like fun, love your new chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail @ Victorian at HeartFebruary 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

      Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a visit. Any time you want to borrow the chair for a photo shoot for your beautiful daughters, you are welcome to use it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.