Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pre- Thanksgiving Tablescape

Even though it isn't Thanksgiving Day, I like to give thanks everyday so I am using some Thanksgiving elements to make a tablescape for tonight's dinner.

The first layer is a runner that is white with black dots and black trim.
Also, I used the black iron stand with crystals to give height to the candle.


The place settings were layered with a white round straw placemat, silver charger, large black plate and a white salad plate because of the scalloped edge.



The small black plate with white dots is added to give a neutral palette for any accent color.



Since the table is black. it is hard to see that the white cloth napkin has a black ribbon edging.
The flatware is black with silver which gives it some bling.




The black crystal stemware keeps the palette neutral.


This is where any color can be used to accent.



Since it is close to Thanksgiving, the battery operated ORANGE candle 
with frosted fruit gives the centerpiece a punch of color.


The glittered pumpkin and more frosted fruit adds more sparkle.



Using the brightly colored foil turkey gives some whimsy.




A few falling leaves anchor the tablescape together.


Pulling all the elements together gives a simple but cheerful tablescape.


This setting could be used for Thanksgiving Day but I chose to use it as a Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner.
I am setting at least 12 Thanksgiving tables for an event this weekend.  I posted about it last year if you want to check it out click here.
I haven't had time to set my Thanksgiving table yet but I purchased a new turkey this year so come back for an introduction.

I'm Thankful for all of you that take time to read and
leave a comment on my blog and for the Blogs that have linked parties.


Parties I am linking to:
Thursday Tablescape at Between Naps on the Porch 
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

13 comments:

  1. Hello Gail,

    your table is so pretty. The sparkling pumpkins and the mercury glass turkey are really calling for the calming black and white decoration. Just perfect combination. Thank you for sharing your table and have a wonderful HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Thanksgiving table. I love how you used the black and white with the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crazy for the polka dot plates and table runner. Where are they from? And the foil turkey? I love your tablescapes Gail. You have such a knack for putting the perfect things together and always motivate me to get my stuff out and play. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty tablescape! I am drooling over the black iron stand dripping with crystals........Very inspiring and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the addition of the orange candle and Thanksgiving colors really changes the look of this pretty table! I'll look forward to seeing the tables you're setting for the event you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely perfect table setting you have created just in time for the holidays. I just love all of the different textures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your black and white, especially those salad plates...they are so unusual in shape.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see that polka dots are making a comeback. The napkins are great. Glad you pointed out the edging. This is a very happy tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your white salad plates! Very unusual!!! I, too, have the "San Remo" flatware, and it is just beautiful. It pairs well with your table setting. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna come to your house for dinner. It's been so long since I set a table, I think I have forgotton how. Seriously, I love the black and white polkadot with the fall colors. The perfect "Gail" tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black and white elements are so wonderful. You've incorporated them very well into a Thanksgiving format. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh,yea! Oh, yea! We DO both have a thing for that frosted fruit this year for our Thanksgiving tables. I love what it does for this black and white table. Brilliant!
    Linda @ A Toile Table

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the glittery accents-really makes it seem extra special. I try to thank God at the end of each day for health of family and friends and that I was able to have another day-seems like a fitting way to end the day right before I go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.