Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tablescape Thursday A Quiet Place


One day last month when it was still a little chilly outside, I set aside some time in the afternoon to find  a quiet place.  

 A table in front of the fireplace seem to be that special place.  I served hot tea for myself  in my Old Country Rose pattern teacup which always makes a beautiful peaceful table.



 This is a close view of the ribbon I used around the candle.  I purchased it at a flea market a few years ago.  



I used a gold charger with a gold rimmed dinner plate to highlight the old country rose dessert plate.  The gold plated fork is like adding jewelry.

I didn't include this Victorian booklet about salads to remind me that I should have been eating salad instead of brownie, instead because of the simple tablescape.


With the candle and fireplace flickering and with the scent of red rose buds in the vase, it was time to reflect on the beauty around me. 

I encourage you to set aside some time in your busy day to pause long enough to smell the roses and turn your attention on the beauty of life.

Have a Blessed Day.

I am participating in Tablescape Thursday. If you want to see more tablescapes  just click on the TT button. 





14 comments:

  1. Gail, I have always loved the old country rose pattern! It reminds me of my grandmother's home yet she didn't own it. I think it just evokes her era of timeless grace with proper manners & elegant style.
    Your setting beside the fireplace is lovely...very warm & inviting & beautifully presented.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better place for a cup of tea and brownie than in front of the fireplace! I think the china you have chosen is perfect for an afternoon tea break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advise Gail and something we seldom do with our busy lives, texts, emails and Tweets. We need to be still and reflect either alone or with a friend or loved one. Thanks for the beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful setting! Love your Old Country Roses too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salad and tea doesn't sound nearly as lovely as your brownies and tea! Very pretty!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail, Your Old Country Rose tea set is so pretty, and I know you enjoyed the brownie and hot tea, and yes your right we should take time in our busy lives and set aside to reflect on our blessings.
    Thanks for visiting DOWNLOBLOLLYLANE,please do drop back anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blog you have! I'm now a Follower!

    I enjoyed your tablescape, I love OCR china, and I have quite a lot of it, including some of the OCR Christmas china!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. The old country rose pattern is so lovely! I am glad you treated yourself...Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some of that pattern as well. It is the perfect one for a quiet cup of tea.

    You are right - we must make that quiet time to recharge ourselves and brownies are a good thing!

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I relaxed just looking at these wonderful pictures. I think you made the right choice with the brownie. You have beautiful blog and I'm now a follower!! I'm so glad you stopped to visit Beneath The Big Oak!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table. I love that it matches you blog :). Rose patterns are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw that you are a follower of my blog Gold in the Clouds....thank you! I hope you like what you see. I LOVE your blog...so pretty. I have never been one for Victorian. My style is simple country/Shaker. We live in the heart of where the Shakers first settled in NYS.
    in fact the name of our high school in our town is Shaker High. However, my younger sister LOVES all things victorian and collects victorian style tea cups. I like your idea of setting aside some quiet time. I teach part time and have my quiet time when i am home in the afternoon before the girls get off the buses. My time includes a good cup of flavored coffee, a novel or a devotional book, my orange cinnamon candle or a nap on the deck in the sun! I have always said that busy moms or just busy women in general need at least 20 min. for "just me" time each and every day! God bless you.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely setting and lovely thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail...what a gorgeous tablescape. I love tea and I love Old Countrry Roses so it looks pretty perfect to me :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.