Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is Around the Corner Adventure

I was just talking to my friend, Sally, she said she always looks forward to my posts and since I haven't had time to post lately, I decided to post a few pictures I took while on an antiquing adventure last weekend in Agoura Hills, California..

Since it was 70 degrees on Sunday when I was shopping in Agoura Hills California it felt like Spring was in the air.


We, also, shopped in the Agoura Antique Mart.  There are many great stores in this shopping center.


The floral pillow and chippy teal wood bench just felt like Spring.


The Gibson Girl printed boxes and compacts along with the pale blue quilted divided tray and touch of crochet would add a feminine touch to any Spring vanity table display.



All the chintz and floral pieces just scream we are ready for Spring.


The touch of teal on the wall gives the neutral fabric on this Victorian styled sofa a cozy feel.  A perch for a friendly conversation or a good place to enjoy reading decorating magazines while enjoying  the Spring weather .



Cute napkins with the teal background with "Poire" or floral napkins could all be used for a Springy tablescape.

We would sure have to use those cute 50's napkins if we were eating that banana split. Yum. Celebrating Spring....I'm ready.


Being surrounded by  flowers,  like these vintage mirrors, reminds me of Spring.



The little ivy topiary tucked in the silver urn reminds me of Spring.



The floral pitchers and vases  along with the doll dressed in pink satin and lace say Spring.



A trip by this Simi Valley Athropologie store window caught my eye. Couldn't you just imagine riding that vintage bicycle with the basket full of plants.  The teal colored top with a light sweater would be perfect for a bicycle ride in the Spring .



I thought you might like a better look at that vintage bicycle.  Too cute.



I didn't take a peek inside this cabinet but it sure would have many places to store treasures.  That shabby green color adds a punch of Spring.



Springtime in Paris... sounds good. 

au revoir



5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your touches of Spring through great pictures. It would have been more fun in person though....wish I could have gone. Thanks for making me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I'll need to get a list of great shops from you since you seem to know of so many places I've never heard of. So what did you buy? Inquiring minds do want to know. Thanks for thinking of us as you shopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post!!!
    A treat to see.
    So ready for Spring, I could scream!!!!
    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting!! Agoura Hills is one of my favorite places to shop. I could go right now. I loved your pictures - they were really spring-like -- so colorful, cheery and inviting. Glad you had a great trip. Wish I could have shared the fun.
    Happy Spring!
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue quilted divided tray. I bought one last summer at a garage sale and the lady told me they were for stocking storage. I don't know if she was right, but I have been keeping my tights in them and they work great, been hunting for more ever since :-) Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.