Friday, December 3, 2010

'Twas the Day After Thanksgiving

(My version of a poem with a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" rhyme.)

'Twas the day after Thanksgiving and not a Christmas decoration in sight
Mr. VH and I could not believe our eyes
No stockings were hung and our chimney was bare
So we went to the Christmas decor shed in total despair
But much to our surprise when we opened the door
Our boxes had been labeled as never before
After Christmas last year, much to our delight
We finally managed to get our Christmas decor packed away right


........Okay, I know I'm not a poet.
I wish I would have taken a photo of the shed....maybe later I can include it.  It was so nice to start out decorating with the items organized and labelled by room and content.


Since we were getting ready to leave on an out- of- state trip, we were trying to decorate for Christmas as much as we could before we left.  I like to begin on the outside of the house and the front door so we started working on that and moved on to the entry hall.


On top of the armoire in the entry was the first of my Christmas decor.  
Lighted garland makes an instant impact when decorating at Christmas.



This is a tin box I included in the vignette.  It greets guests as they enter our home.




This fine feathered friend was used for Autumn but found a new perch on a small vintage suitcase.
The whimsy pine wreath made a colorful background.
While birdwatching......vintage binoculars are needed.


This group of vintage trophies adds some bling.



While shopping at an antique show, I found this unique piece of art.  It is a vintage leather glove filled with plaster and mounted on a block of wood.  It just seemed to work in this vignette.



The frosted fruit floral arrangement gives added height and color. 
 I will probably add frosted fruit to the garland and feathers when I get home.


Let the Christmas Decorating Season begin!

  

3 comments:

  1. What a great start you have. Can't wait to see it all in person. So when you get back I'll have to come by. I'll be praying for a safe trip and a good visit with Mr.VH's Dad.
    Oh!! Didn't know you were a poet. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're off to a grand start. Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when we go to get something out of storage and realize it's all so organized and easy to work with. You made a wonderful start in the entry, it's so refined and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.