Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - Welcome to my Pad

"Welcome to my Pad"  this tablescape theme just hoppened. 
(it is not a typo, you will see while later)

While visiting an Anthropologie store,  I just loved this runner.  
It isn't my usual find but for some reason it just spoke to me.  
Their store displays are always amazing.


The store paired the runner with an old picnic table.  The burlap texture and the bold design and colors attracted me to this table runner.


While my gadabout girlfriends, Ruth and Beverly, and I were shopping at GW, I found these large colorful bowls.  The colors fit with the colors in my runner.  I first thought they were fish but after close inspection, I knew they could be creepy crawly things, too.




 Then more creatures appeared.



 

 There were two colorful frogs that I welcomed to my "Pad". 
"It is Frog Parking Only
All Others will be Toad"
From item in Frog Store



 A cement  frog hopped on in when I purchased him at Ventura Swap Meet several years ago.  He has been used in the house more than in the garden.  The idea of bringing the outdoors in sure fits this tablescape.




 The broad leaf pattern on the runner inspired the centerpiece.  The cobalt shell-shaped dishes are holding battery candles to give the tablescape some ambiance. They were a Salvation Army store find.

 

The mixture of green leaves in this centerpiece gave a place for the frog to hide.  The blue plates used under the bowls have a subtle crisscross pattern along the edge with a white plain center.  Since the plates had France on them, I did a little research and I hope to share more info at a later time.
They were a GW find.


The green and blue bread/dessert plate was purchased at the same time. 
The Target neutral colored cloth napkin blends with anything.  I would have preferred a green and blue patterned napkin but I didn't have any so I will have an excuse to shop more.  lol  
The quirky black iron flatware pulls the black painted table into the setting.
The cobalt blue stemware was purchased at Dollar Tree.

I hope you had a hoppin' good time visiting my Pad.
It was amazing to find so many frog collections.   If you love frog collectibles, the following website has everything froggy and I mean everything....just click here.
I am going to show my youngest curious grandson, Eli, this link.  

 

This will be a fun summer adventure since he has had Froggy to sleep with since he was a baby.
Grammy is sad...Froggy doesn't come visit anymore.  Eli still loves Frog cookies.

No, I didn't serve frog legs for dinner.

Hop on over for more amazing tablescapes at Susan's Between Naps on the Porch. or 
click the Tablescape Thursday button on my sidebar.


26 comments:

  1. The old picnic table that the store used is a great idea, thanks for passing the idea along! And that runner is amazing. Love the dishes you paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color combination of green and blue is beautiful! Great dishes, nice table runner, and love the cobalt blue stemware and dishes. Creative, thrifty, and pretty!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this table! All that know me, know that blue and green is my favorite color combination...I love that lily pad runner...the dishes are so perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I love that table runner and the dishes. How cute is your grandson too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way this table just hoppened is fabulous! I love the blues, greens, anphibians, fauna, natural elements! I feel like I have hoppened upon a grotto filled with intersting creatures and lush plants.

    Gail, you did a stunning job on this table!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful attention to detail! I'll bet you had fun assembling such a fun tablescape! I love those blue and green dessert plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table. I love your table runner and how your dishes match! The blue glasses are so pretty! Cute little helper too! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaping Lizards! What a fun tablescape -- Love your pretty runner and the colors on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find and lovely tablescape. It all looks so summery. I think the little critters are darling and fun. Kids would love this .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your plates go great with your runner...
    Looks like you bought them at the same place they go so well together!
    Gotta love those finds!
    Pretty scape,
    xoxo!Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty color combo; I really love the vivid blues with the green! And you've pulled it all together to perfectly. Love the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous table! Love the runner and the thrifty plates you pared with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should have this tablescape cause the frogs are so noisy screaming outside right now, lol! What a cute whimsical tablescape. I like the runner too! Pretty colors and I like your dishes....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this table! It's so creative, and that runner! Oh, how I love it, and I love the bowls you found with the fish on them. I think those are carp, but we can say they are creepy crawlers if you prefer. Either way, they look perfect on that table. You have some great finds there. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a Happy Tablescape Thursday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that runner! No wonder you based your 'scape on it! And a good job you did mixing in the blue and green. Very pretty! I put a little froggie on my table today too! It makes me want to start collecting them but I'm trying to resist!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute post Gail especially the picture of Eli at the end. Will have to let Lexi see this one.
    You really do the unexpected. I remember when you found those dishes at GW and we finished out the day finding "fishy" things for a tablescape. You went a whole different direction and I love it.
    After all these years you still amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. isn't it cool when you can mix expensive items with thrifted ones and create something so beautiful? you have a great 'eye' for color and mixing patterns. nicely done!
    all the best,
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out to be quite a find! It inspired a very charming tablescape!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that runner....what an inspiring tablescape :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful combination of colors and outdoorsy things! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a hoppin good tablescape -- so cute! The little amphibians have found a nice table to hunt for table scraps! Very creative and imaginitive, Gail. Very fun!
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute! Love those blue glasses! Great for a summer get together.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gail, the tablerunner with the dark green leaves and the little animals, the centerpiece with the lovely leaves and the whole strong blue and green shades combination makes a real djungle feeling for me. I love such garden feeling - I feel so alive with it. The plates are stunning and relly adorable.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gail...love your tablescape...what a great runner! You made it even better with all your fun, whimsical additions. I had a hopping good time viewing this table setting. :-) Eli is adorable! Who wouldn't love froggy cookies?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty table runner, love the colors in your tablescape! Flags-a-wavin', Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.