Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Streets of Bakersfield" - French Quarter

I am on the "Streets of Bakersfield" traveling down Rosedale Highway and the black awning catches my eye so my car just parks at "The French Quarter" by JH Design.  Yes, it is a design and home furnishings store. Most of  the items are new but once in a while an antique is in the mix.
When you walk through the door, you hear French inspired music playing.  There is much to see, but on this particular day, I was looking at chandeliers so that is why I mostly took some pictures to show my husband but I will share with you, too.



The store is packed with home furnishings and accessories.






I did make a purchase on this shopping trip but I didn't take a picture of it while in the store.


This lamp with the leopard printed shade went on my bedside table.  The shade is rectangle shaped so it is perfect for night reading in bed.

A little France in Bakersfield.....who knew?

Au revoir



4 comments:

  1. It was fun seeing your pictures of one of my favorite stores. It seems I can never leave that store without buying something. The leopard lamp will go perfect in your bedroom. Hopefully we can find some wonderful "goodies" this weekend. I am so anxious to go I can't stand it! Thank you for sharing that our little town has some wonderful places to shop.
    Hugs,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right up the street from me and I haven't stopped in there for a while. As we are preparing to go out of town on a shopping trip, it's good to be reminded of some of what Bakersfield has to offer. The lamp looks right at home in you bedroom. Your bedside table looks like it could be in the "French Quarter" as a display.
    Looking forward to the weekend of shopping and friends. I think we invented the "shop until you drop" phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    I too love the French Quarter and stop by whenever I get a chance. Mixing the new with the old works so well and looks great as we can see by your pictures. Have fun on your shopping excursion, hope to see pictures on one of your blogs.

    Always,
    Leslie C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah....tres bien!! we just got back from a spring break trip to Paris....I am half French and everyone in my family (hubby and 2 daughters) took/is taking French in school. We had a blast and wish we had stayed longer!! You have some great finds here!!!

    The 5 Love Languages is written by Gary Chapman and he talks about how we need to be "emotionally filled" by love. The way we feel loved and give love is connected to a "primary language". There are 5. you can google it to find out all 5....mine is Gifts and Quality Time. It's hard to explain here as would take too much room....it's a wonderful way to think about how we love our husbands, children, friends. And what each person needs to feel loved. Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment about your visit. It is always nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day.